To contribute to the reduction of HIV prevalence and alleviation of suffering caused by the epidemic in Malawi through coordination, capacity building, mobilisation and allocation of resources to AIDS Service Organisations.
This mission is in line with the goals and objectives of the National HIV and AIDS Policy of Malawi which are to guide the national response in order to:
- Prevent the further spread of HIV infections; and
- Mitigate the impact of HIV and AIDS on the socioeconomic status of individuals, families, communities and the nation.
- To facilitate the sharing of information, ideas, experiences and resources in AIDS related work among AIDS Service Organizations
- To coordinate HIV/AIDS related activities, programs and functions undertaken by AIDS Service Organizations and other bodies and groups in the country
- To build capacities of Community Based Organizations in order to improve service delivery